Have you tried using StockX to value your sneakers?
For those who are out of the loop, StockX is the world’s first sneaker stock market – a live ‘bid/ask’ marketplace. Buyers place bids, sellers place asks and when a bid and ask meet, the transaction happens automatically. Retro Jordans, Nikes, Yeezys and more – now 100% authentic guaranteed. In short terms, you can see the value of almost any sneaker in real time.
Don’t get StockX confused as an auction site like eBay. The most important difference between a live marketplace and auction are:
- A seller can accept the ‘Highest Bid’ at any time up until the bid expires or is retracted (i.e. sellers can ‘sell now’).
- A buyer can accept the ‘Lowest Ask’ at any time until the Ask expires or is retracted (i.e. buyers can ‘buy now’).
- A bid might still be accepted after a higher competitive bid is placed (e.g. in the case where the higher bid expires). When any of these things happen, the transaction is completed instantly.
- Real-time Data – StockX gives you, in real-time, price guide, deep market analysis, historical sales data, sneakerhead significance and more. So for those who do buying and selling for a living, this tool may be for you.
- Portfolio Collection – With StockX, you can have a portfolio of sneakers valued. Next time you are listing your assets on a loan application or filing for taxes, you know where to go.
- Sneaker Authentication – StockX’s team of sneaker experts analyze’s every single pair of sneakers that comes through the door.
- The real-time data that StockX shows is based on data from their website. In other words, your pair of sneakers can sell for much higher or much lower than StockX says. The algorithm doesn’t take into account of sales (or data) from eBay, Craigslist and any other method that isn’t StockX.
- Who is their team of “industry experts”? What guidelines are they using to determine sneakers that are real from the fakes? I need to legit check these people, first.
When reselling your sneakers, how do you “legit check”? How do you value your pair of Yeezys versus another pair in the same condition? Chime in the comments section below.